Thursday, November 1, 2012

I hate CSS when doing layouts

I hate CSS when doing layout stuff. I could take a vacation with the amount of time I've wasted trying to do with Divs what I can do with a table in minutes. They should have made CSS with some constraint based selectors so element heights and widths could be defined as a function of other element heights and widths. Just like how one constrains layouts in a CAD program. Float and clear just don't cut it and all too often we have to fall back on absolute positioning and JavaScript to achieve a truly fluid layout that doesn't screw up when changing the browser zoom level.

2 comments:

  1. It can be really frustrating I agree. I came across Sitepoint a while back and spend a fair bit of time reading up on the articles as they save me a bit of time. Here's a link to one on
    css layouts

    If your looking for tips on css boarders, check out this link.

    Good luck with it all!

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks @Marie John,

    Thanks for the tip. I also found something called www.LessCSS.org which has been helpful too.

    ReplyDelete