Wednesday, October 31, 2012

TixPix 2.0 under construction

While the wife was out of town last weekend I decided to completely redesign the whole website. The purpose of the redesign is to give those arriving at the site for the first time that wow factor and to improve my SEO (search engine optimization), which is what enables the site to be ranked higher in the results of a search engine. I pulled back to back to back all nighters separated by only 3 hours of sleep during each marathon coding session. 4 family sized boxes of Mac n Cheese, some energy drinks, couple of vitamins, and uncanny focus got me through. The good news is that most of the database structure will be able to remain the same so in essence it is mostly the presentation code that has to get reworked. I've already begun creating the new pages and hope to be done by the end of December. It's gonna be some long 16-20 hour days until the holidays are here. I can't wait to unveil the new www.tixpix.com website version 2.0. It's clean and sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment