Sunday, October 7, 2012

C# Facebook API

I spent my ENTIRE day experimenting with the Facebook API and SDK's. I finally had a triumphant success and was able to successfully post a Photo to my Facebook programmatically from the TixPix app. I literally let out a giant roar when I finally accomplished it. So ultimately the Facebook Publishing capabilities of the SocialAuth plugin kind of suck pretty bad. It is very limited in the types of post it can create presently and their is virtually no documentation on how to expand upon its capabilities. I'm still goin to use it for my login script, because it handles multiple providers. Ultimately I resorted to using C# Facebook API for publishing capabilities. I love it. The documentation is better but far from perfect. Its about time there is some love for the .net community regarding Facebook integration. I'm kind of tired of seeing all their examples in PHP. Lastly I'll end this post by exclaiming that if you are developing in Visual Studio and haven't installed the nuget package expander then you're missing out. It so cleanly adds your dependencies and makes the appropriate config file changes to your project without even blinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment