Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TBD

So today I focused on adding college teams to the TixPix Database so that the Seller Ticket Form can be easily used for listing tickets to college games. I got all the Big Ten teams entered into the database including the venues for those teams added to the database too. Then I added a visiting conference and home conference select box to the ticket listing form so that teams not within the specified conference are filtered out. This provides the user a smaller more manageable list of teams to choose from. I got all that done and decided to create a test listing for a Ohio St. vs Wisconsin game. But then I noticed the problem. On my form I make the user specify the start time of the event. When I looked up the start time for this game, ESPN still has the event time listed as TBD. Problem is that my ticket seller form didn't have a way to choose TBD. So I added a TBD button to my TimePicker control. To do this I had to reach deep into the bowels of Jquery UI and make some fancy JavaScript alterations to the base code. But now it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment