Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Craigslist Sucks

So after listing my first tickets on TixPix, I thought it would be a great idea to post a listing on Craigslist to advertise the tickets that I had for sale.  Bad idea.  Within 9 hours of creating the Craigslist ad my ad was buried under 600 new Craigslist ads in the same category and market.  Apparently there is a network of ticket dealers that are part of some pyramid scheme where they pay a couple thousand dollars to have access to this ticket platform for which they can make a cookie cutter ticket website.  So you've got all these assholes paying this platform and then everyone is competing against each other and stinking up the ticket category on craigslist with the same inventory but a different front end UI and domain name.  It's almost comical.  Unless I am willing to resort to guerrilla marketing tactics, it looks like I'll be avoiding craigslist like the plague.  Most important is working on increasing my Google page rank :)

No comments:

Post a Comment